Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

On the water tip fix

How to properly care and maintain the rod. <b>Rule #1- always push pieces straight in when closing the rod, NO SIDEWAY PRESSURE....</b>, etc.

On the water tip fix

Postby stovetop36 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:42 am

I recently broke the tip of my rod (which everyone has or will do eventually) luckily it was at the end of the day and new tips are only 9$ with shipping so no worries there. What does worry me is ending a day of fishing with a broken tip. Does anyone have suggestions for an on the water fix for the rods? Having a few draw backs such as not being able to collapse the rod, etc. would not be a big deal since I just want to get through the day and go home and order a new tip :-p However solid fixes would be great to have on a 5 day backpacking trip.
Recently graduated Geologist, with fly fishing habit. A trout bum only because no one is hiring!! :-p

Jesse
stovetop36

Re: On the water tip fix

Postby craigthor » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:54 am

craigthor

Postby GregM » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:02 pm

GregM

Postby stovetop36 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:05 pm

Thanks guys, that's perfect. I already ordered a new tip and should be here soon. I plan to try and fix the busted tip and keep it as a spare so I can also have some experience fixing it. Love the kit idea.
Recently graduated Geologist, with fly fishing habit. A trout bum only because no one is hiring!! :-p

Jesse
stovetop36

Postby ckostea » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:57 am

Hello!
Here is a brand new video that might help you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ResSiakdRa8
Ckostea
ckostea

Return to Gear Maintenance