Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Different "wading staff"

What are the other ESSENTIAL pieces of equipment you carry with you? How do you pack? How do you hold your gear while fishing? Fly boxes? Snips? you tell us.

Different "wading staff"

Postby OarsnPaddle » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:29 am

I have been using a "Tiagra" cane for years. You can call it a walking stick if you like. I never go anywhere without it. It's carbon fibre, titanium, and in my case I chose walnut for a handle. It's really lightweight, and yesterday when I went and tried swinging my Amago around, I was thinking how the two seem to match eachother.
The canes are made to fit you with regards to height, strength (your strength), and palm size. I'm really happy with mine, and even on cobbled streets it takes a lot to make it slip (in reality, it never does). The only time it slipped a bit was on a very dusty marble floor.

Anyway, I don't have a private picture of my own (I can take one if you want me to), but I figured you might be interested in seeing a slightly different "wading staff":

You can get different shapes in the handle if so inclined, and the bottom piece of foamy rubber can be changed, so you can get the best for your weight.

Just to be clear: I am just a customer, and have no other affilitian with Tiagra Canes. I love my cane, and if I could afford it, I'd have three or four of them.

The link to them (with more pictures and explanation of the design) is here:

http://www.tiagracanes.com/
OarsnPaddle

Re: Different "wading staff"

Postby OarsnPaddle » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:20 am

Here's a picture of my Amago rod, my home made "tenkara wallet" and my cane. The picture is cheating a bit, because they are in fact the same shade of carbon grey.

Oh, and an extra picture of a huge beetle I stumbled upon 8-)

OarsnPaddle

Return to Add-on gear