Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Tenkara strap pack question?

What are the other ESSENTIAL pieces of equipment you carry with you? How do you pack? How do you hold your gear while fishing? Fly boxes? Snips? you tell us.

Tenkara strap pack question?

Postby LURP DOG » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:41 pm

While recuperating after a heart attack I've been looking over my gear and was wondering if anyone has the new Tenkara strap pack.
I'm have been using a Fishpond San Juan pack for a year and have enjoyed it but find I load it down with to much stuff due to it's size and thought about trying the Tenkara strap pack.
If you have one, how do you have it geared up? Any pics of your bag loaded up?

Thx
"Man’s heart, away from nature, becomes hard."
Luther Standing Bear
LURP DOG

Re: Tenkara strap pack question?

Postby TJ @ Tenkara USA » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:48 pm

The strap pack is perfect to carry the basics when tenkara fly fishing.

If you buy it as the complete set ($76), it includes the pack which connects to your belt loop or any other place you can think of to latch onto, our plastic fly box with 3 each of our 4 different flies, a line holder, tippet, and some line, with room left over to add more if you need.

Basically plenty of space to hold fly box, your lines, etc...

Great minimalistic pack.

TJ
Tenkara USA, Director of Customer Service

Tenkara Junkie - Tenkarajankī
Now sporting all of the Tenkara USA Rods!
TJ @ Tenkara USA

Postby OutdoorsBen » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:15 am

I have the strap pack as well. I also have an LL Bean chest back and an Orvis Sling Pack. What I normally do is attach the strap pack to the orvis sling pack and carry water and some food in the sling pack. I'll take some pictures of what I have in the pack for you and post them up later today.
My Blogs
Hiking, Canoeing, and Fishing in New England http://www.outdoorsben.com
OutdoorsBen

Postby LURP DOG » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:18 pm

What about the small rings on the bottom. How do they work for holding line clippers, zingers, etc...?
"Man’s heart, away from nature, becomes hard."
Luther Standing Bear
LURP DOG

Postby Jason Klass » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:17 am

LURP DOG wrote:While recuperating after a heart attack I've been looking over my gear and was wondering if anyone has the new Tenkara strap pack.
I'm have been using a Fishpond San Juan pack for a year and have enjoyed it but find I load it down with to much stuff due to it's size and thought about trying the Tenkara strap pack.
If you have one, how do you have it geared up? Any pics of your bag loaded up?

Thx

Hi Lurp Dog,
I have one and did a review on my blog: http://www.tenkaratalk.com/2013/01/the- ... nkara-usa/

I also use the San Juan. But for minimalist trips or when you're backpacking, this is a great pack.
My blog: Tenkara Talk

Tenkara USA Rods: Amago, Ayu, Ayu Series II, Ebisu, Ito, Iwana 11', Iwana 12', Rhodo, Sato, Yamame.
Jason Klass

Return to Add-on gear