Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Zimmerbuilt Tailwater Pack

What are the other ESSENTIAL pieces of equipment you carry with you? How do you pack? How do you hold your gear while fishing? Fly boxes? Snips? you tell us.

Zimmerbuilt Tailwater Pack

Postby craigthor » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:37 pm

Just received the new Zimmerbuilt Tailwater pack from Chris. Lots of room for big day trips and carrying my hammock for napping and rest, food and a rain coat plus should be room for a pair of Chota Hippies waders.

I posted pics over at http://www.tenkara-fisher.com/showthread.php?588-Zimmerbuilt-TailWater-Pack where I have my pictures uploaded right now. Definitely a great pack if you want to take a day/ overnight trip so far in my opinion.

Craig
craigthor

Re: Zimmerbuilt Tailwater Pack

Postby craigthor » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:41 am

I had Chris add 2 extra webbing strips where the packs are mounted on the rear sides to hold additional pouches for smaller items.I love the size it isn't too big or too small and I think it will make for a good overnight pack that will carry all I need. Here is how the packs are setup:

Tailwater Pack with Extra webbing strip on each side for pouches. You can see the left one in this picture

Two Strap Packs are attached to the back right webbing.

One Chest Pack attached to the back left webbing, inside the chest pack is my Tenkara Creel and the bottom loop of the webbing under the chest pack I have a clip so I can attach the creel right to the back.

One Micro Pack attached to the Right shoulder strap for holding my 2 blue line spools, above is some elastic and clips that I got from Chris for holding my tippet.

Two heavy duty Orvis zingers on the Left shoulder strap holds my nippers and hemostats and my magnetic clip to hold my drink tube.

Inside is still a mess as I don't have all my things yet so until I get everything it is hard to organize.

The waist has two Hip Belt Pouches and my Daiwa Keiryu One Touch net, I do want to attach a loop to the net and a magnetic release so I can make sure it doesn't accidentally fall out or if I am fishing have to put it away when not needed. In the 2 Hip Pouches I can carry my fly box which is an old 1908 Wheatley 1307L and my spools of level line plus a knife.<br />

Also how it fits, not a pretty mug shot by any means. Though spend the extra $20 for the Hip Belt makes a huge difference over every pack I have owned.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I have tried most of the available Tenkara Packs and this one is top notch for fit and comfort plus has great available storage space. Ultra light weight and I really like hoe the rod tuck up right behind your back which keeps it safe and secure.

Craig
craigthor

Return to Add-on gear