Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

These boots are made for walk'n & thats just what they'll do

What are the other ESSENTIAL pieces of equipment you carry with you? How do you pack? How do you hold your gear while fishing? Fly boxes? Snips? you tell us.

These boots are made for walk'n & thats just what they'll do

Postby TJ @ Tenkara USA » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:13 pm

Made my 1st Winter purchase for the 2013 season and I now own a nice pair of Korkers Chrome Wading Boots with OmniTrax.

I must admit I have always wanted a pair of these when they were introduced. I like multifunction and thought what better than interchangeable soles. Then the Chrome model came out and I think they are snazzy looking wading boots.

I own a pair of size 7 SIMMS Felt Wading boots and they have served me very well. On those though the size 7 just felt a little too small after I used them all last year. My big stubby toe felt like it was digging into the front of the boot as I waded and I figured maybe a 7 is a tad too small.

Problem is, an 8 is a tad too big. But, wanting to go bigger, my little tootsies now have a size 8 Korkers to spread out in.

I have only tried them on so far as season does not open until end of April here but around the house they feel pretty nice. I may try them again with a thicker wool sock in hopes that slight wiggle room, a little more than I think I want, needs to be filled up.

The BOA lacing system is real nice. Quick in, quick out, and super cool. These boots in my opinion just look slick. They came with the standard sticky sole which should be nice for basic hiking to waters and back. They also came with the sticky sole with spikes as the 2nd set of soles. I also purchased the optional spiked sole option that has some real large spikes for aggressive needs. I understand the big spiked model can have interchangeable spikes if you should ever need to do that.

I did not bother buying any felt soles as I think I will switch to rubber or fall back to my SIMMS if needed. The boots also came with a small BOA tool that I guess allows you to work on replacing the BOA laces when they break down the road.

So far in house use has been nice. They feel comforable, a bit squeaky, but in time they will loosen up after getting some use.

Here are some pictures I took of the whole set, the extra sole bottoms so you can see the difference between the stock small spikes and the larger spiked soles, plus a little late 60s video that you old folk should enjoy.

BTW, kitties like new Korkers Chrome Wading Boots also. 8-)

TJ

Always liked this song. Next time I fish I am sure I will have this tune in my head. 8-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbyAZQ45uww
Tenkara USA, Director of Customer Service

Tenkara Junkie - Tenkarajankī
Now sporting all of the Tenkara USA Rods!
TJ @ Tenkara USA

Re: These boots are made for walk'n & thats just what they'l

Postby smitty » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:41 pm

T.J.
Nice looking boots, I like the different sets of interchangeable soles. Good you didn't get the felt soles, I have heard that they might soon be against regs in our neck of the woods (little invasive critters get in there and get spread to other waters, a lot easier to get ALL the mud out of a rubber sole). Late last season I purchased a new set of boots, it is soooo nice to have comfortable feet!!
Steve
smitty

Postby craigthor » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:42 pm

Nice, I have a pair of the original korkers with swappable soles, still fit and still wear them after 10 yrs or so. Might have to upgrade now....
craigthor

Postby tsegelke » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:10 pm

Congratulations. Looks nice, and I hope you are able to enjoy them for long seasons to come.
tsegelke

Postby mossy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:14 pm

Careful, TJ: one if these days those boots are gonna walk all over you.

Mossy
St. Vrain River
Big Thompson River
Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park
mossy

Return to Add-on gear