Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Smartwool Next-To-Skin Baselayer NTS Mid Zip T

What are the other ESSENTIAL pieces of equipment you carry with you? How do you pack? How do you hold your gear while fishing? Fly boxes? Snips? you tell us.

Smartwool Next-To-Skin Baselayer NTS Mid Zip T

Postby TJ @ Tenkara USA » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:36 pm

I am a fan of the Smartwool socks. They are sooo comfy and great all around socks.

Well it was time to get a nice cold weather shirt so when I fish in Fall, I don't freeze and can peel off layers during the day as it warms up.

I decided to buy the Smartwool Next-To-Skin Baselayer NTS Mid Zip T this last weekend at Orvis. I had a nifty $25 off $50 purchase coupon and although this shirt is a whopping $109, I decided to pull the trigger.

http://tinyurl.com/b8s26f7

I don't as of yet fish tons in cold weather but wanted to build up my wardrobe with a good all around shirt that I can use and could not find a cheaper alternative that was as comfy and warm.

So $90 later after my coupon I did the deed and used it this last weekend. It was a cool high 30s when we started fishing and as the day went on got up into the higher 40s.

I lost my Simms Windstopper as I got too hot around noon and shed down to the Smartwool shirt only and still felt warm enough even when I hit the shade.

I highly recommend this shirt if you have the dough to buy one.

If anyone knows of a similar shirt that does as well for less, let me know, as I want to buy more but at $109 a pop, I can't afford to.

But like most things, you get what you pay for. When you see the word Merino along with wool, tends to be pricey.

Smartwool = Good Stuff!

TJ
Tenkara USA, Director of Customer Service

Tenkara Junkie - Tenkarajankī
Now sporting all of the Tenkara USA Rods!
TJ @ Tenkara USA

Return to Add-on gear