Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Sweet new gear

What are the other ESSENTIAL pieces of equipment you carry with you? How do you pack? How do you hold your gear while fishing? Fly boxes? Snips? you tell us.

Sweet new gear

Postby jdchaussee » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:50 pm

Got a few gems in the mail today! Thought I'd share because I think they are perfect for tenkara. Made for me by Keith of natureboydesigns.com, he makes fishing lanyards out of paracord. He has a full size lanyard (the 550) and this guy, the 225. Awesome product; I can attach it to my pack for normal fishing trips or just use the 225 by itself looped through a belt loop for impromptu excursions or ultralight backpacking. I love it!

Standard colors are Blaze orange, black, and an OD green, but he made me an awesome custom "law enforcement" one too. :-)
225 lanyards.jpg

Set up on my pack.
225 lanyards2.jpg

Awesome guy with an awesome product :-)
-Justin C
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Tenkaraholic since 2009
Proud owner of:
Amago, Yamame, Ito
**Instagram: Tenkaraholic**
jdchaussee

Re: Sweet new gear

Postby adventureR » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:19 am

jdchaussee nice setup. I have a bit larger setup, I don't usually get to go out by myself. Always a couple nephews or wife maybe family. So I end up being a pack mule. Carry snacks and drinks. The simple designs always look nice to me. Simple is good. When I can get away with it I'll try to just use a pocket or two. The Lanyards look good, I wonder though would Shockcord make a good lanyard.
¿ <•,^~~<
adventureR

Postby Tenkara Elevated » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:44 am

Those are very sweet and should turn a nice little profit for your buddy. I have actually made similar products with rope for a few years, but just for personal use or as gifts because they truly are simple to make. Anyway those look awesome.
Tenkara Elevated

Postby jdchaussee » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:34 am

adventureR wrote:jdchaussee nice setup. I have a bit larger setup, I don't usually get to go out by myself. Always a couple nephews or wife maybe family. So I end up being a pack mule. Carry snacks and drinks. The simple designs always look nice to me. Simple is good. When I can get away with it I'll try to just use a pocket or two. The Lanyards look good, I wonder though would Shockcord make a good lanyard.

shockcord would be sweet. I wonder if it would hold it's weave after being stretched though. Would make for an interesting net leash maybe. Unfortunately (or fortunately in this case) Im literally the only one in my family who fishes at the moment. So I can get away with carrying very minimal gear. Even that nook sack is only filled with my licence, a ferro rod and striker, a small ziplock back with some dryer lint in it (EXCELLENT fire starter ;-) ) a sparten swiss army knife, 2 10.5' traditional lines, 1 15' level line, my small foam flybox, and my camera in the front pocket. with all that it's only about 1/4 full, lol.
-Justin C
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Tenkaraholic since 2009
Proud owner of:
Amago, Yamame, Ito
**Instagram: Tenkaraholic**
jdchaussee

Return to Add-on gear