Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

eBay & Stickers

What are the other ESSENTIAL pieces of equipment you carry with you? How do you pack? How do you hold your gear while fishing? Fly boxes? Snips? you tell us.

eBay & Stickers

Postby troutrageous1 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:12 am

Was on eBay today and thought I'd type in "Tenkara". Had done it in the past, but it only ever yielded maybe one (or at best) 2 results...usually a western fly line cut to tenkara length. Got 9 results today, (at least one looks familiar ;) ), which is definitely a testament that this method of fly fishing is gaining popularity.

Of all the items, the window stickers caught my eye - in a bad way. I understand, but am not really feeling the samurai font.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TENKARA-FLY-FISHING-DECAL-WINDOW-STICKER-white-7x3_W0QQitemZ290389554307QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item439c90f483

So, are there Tenkara USA window stickers for those that might want to "fly the flag" in a more tasteful way?
Mike Agneta
troutrageous.com
Tenkara Florida Facebook Group
Ayu II | Ebisu | Iwana 11' | Rhodo | Sato
troutrageous1

Re: eBay & Stickers

Postby rsetina » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:06 pm

I've received stickers just like the logo at the top left side of the web page. I think I got them when I ordered the rods.
Rick

テンカラ。小さなストリームのシンプルさ。
My Tenkara Rods:
13' Ayu, 12' Yamame, 11' with a conversion handle, and an Ito.

My Wife's Tenkara Rods:
12' Ebisu and 13.5' Amago, 12' Iwana with a conversion handle, and an Ito.
rsetina

Postby troutrageous1 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:53 pm

Oh well, I must have missed that boat. No biggie. If they do exist, maybe something to consider for sale on the website.
Mike Agneta
troutrageous.com
Tenkara Florida Facebook Group
Ayu II | Ebisu | Iwana 11' | Rhodo | Sato
troutrageous1

Postby gentleshepherd » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:46 pm

I think the ones on EBAY are quite hideous.
GentleShepherd
穏やかな羊飼い
gentleshepherd

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:29 pm

Hey guys,

Bumper stickers are coming, they should be ready later this week. I did a first batch of stickers and were sending them with rods early on, but received feedback (and experienced it) that they were not weatherproof :(
After a long delay as I focused on other things I finally sent it out to the printers. The first ones will be a circle with the logo and the full logo on white bumper stickers. Soon I expect to work on some cooler ones. I'll post here when they become available.
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Postby Stephen McGowen » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:08 am

Chiefs of Police here in SE MA have spoken with the local sportsmans club advising members not to put stickers on their vehicles dealing with hunting and fishing gear. It advertised what thieves can expect to find when they go shopping. Numbers of home break- ins involving firearm thefts have led the cops to think that people we targeted due to sports stickers. Word to the wise.
Stephen McGowen

Postby rsetina » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:22 pm

Stephen McGowen wrote:Chiefs of Police here in SE MA have spoken with the local sportsmans club advising members not to put stickers on their vehicles dealing with hunting and fishing gear. It advertised what thieves can expect to find when they go shopping. Numbers of home break- ins involving firearm thefts have led the cops to think that people we targeted due to sports stickers. Word to the wise.

I never thought of that before. Good point. I have a license plate that says it all. IFLYROD and IFLYRD2. I guess I'll have to take my chances. :shock:
Rick

テンカラ。小さなストリームのシンプルさ。
My Tenkara Rods:
13' Ayu, 12' Yamame, 11' with a conversion handle, and an Ito.

My Wife's Tenkara Rods:
12' Ebisu and 13.5' Amago, 12' Iwana with a conversion handle, and an Ito.
rsetina

Postby jeffkreager » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:06 pm

I think a sticker would look good on my saddle.
jeffkreager

Postby jbenenson » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:12 am

My New Mexico license plate is "FLYRODS" and I have window stickers from The Custom Rod Builders Guild, Trout Unlimited, and The Federation of Fly Fishers.

I'm making myself more of a target, but I'm also advertising my business and promoting responsible fly fishing and conservation. If I'm parked at a fishing location I make sure to take everything I need, leaving an open rod case, an open reel pouch, and my shoes. If I'm at a motel, I leave nothing in the car.
--
I would like to have the modest contact with the nature in hope of continuing the beautiful streams forever

Yoshikazu Fujioka
jbenenson

Postby Adam Trahan » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:18 am

Image Image Image

That would be a rough concept sketch, the final will be much in the vein of our other sites. It will be available for stickers and the like.
Adam Trahan

Return to Add-on gear