Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Carrying your Tenkara rod?

What are the other ESSENTIAL pieces of equipment you carry with you? How do you pack? How do you hold your gear while fishing? Fly boxes? Snips? you tell us.

Re: Carrying your Tenkara rod?

Postby CJOttawa » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:36 pm

please delete
Last edited by CJOttawa on Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CJOttawa

Postby jdchaussee » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:46 pm

Dont know why I never thought to turn my TUSA case into a sling but as soon as I saw it done I had to do it to mine. I included a loop to hang my net on and the reach I get from it allows me to land fish without unhooking the net, which is a big plus for me! :-D

TUSA case sling.jpg
-Justin C
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Tenkaraholic since 2009
Proud owner of:
Amago, Yamame, Ito
**Instagram: Tenkaraholic**
jdchaussee

Postby CraigP » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:24 am

kinda heavy though? the ebira works well, as would a nylon hand sewed equivalent. if you wanted extra protection, try a fluorescent tube plastic tube, just big enough diam for one rod, and very lightweight plastic protection sleeve that can be used as a quiver also for easy rod access. not original, UL backpacking fly fisherman use them for a conventional fly rod case. I just prefer to go simple and stick the rod in my belt like others.
CraigP

Postby jdchaussee » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:16 pm

CraigP wrote:kinda heavy though? the ebira works well, as would a nylon hand sewed equivalent. if you wanted extra protection, try a fluorescent tube plastic tube, just big enough diam for one rod, and very lightweight plastic protection sleeve that can be used as a quiver also for easy rod access. not original, UL backpacking fly fisherman use them for a conventional fly rod case. I just prefer to go simple and stick the rod in my belt like others.

The ebira is awesome. I'd love to get the ebira plus someday; but it's also upwards of 50 bucks... This is free and functional for the time being. I suppose I could construct my own; one made out of Cuban fiber would be sick!
-Justin C
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Tenkaraholic since 2009
Proud owner of:
Amago, Yamame, Ito
**Instagram: Tenkaraholic**
jdchaussee

Postby CJOttawa » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:54 am

please delete
Last edited by CJOttawa on Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CJOttawa

Postby craigthor » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:09 pm

The Ebira probably wouldn't protect from breakage in a hard fall. The Ebira is a soft case, just an ultralight way to carry your rod. I do love mine though as it slings over your back and stays nice and tight.

Craig
craigthor

Previous

Return to Add-on gear