Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Chest Pack Options

What are the other ESSENTIAL pieces of equipment you carry with you? How do you pack? How do you hold your gear while fishing? Fly boxes? Snips? you tell us.

Chest Pack Options

Postby stevenlsmith87 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:57 pm

Hey guys,

Looking to get a new chest pack and am torn between the Arroyo or the Tumbleweed. Anyone have any experience with these? What do you like or not like about these? Any other options I should look into?

Thanks,
Steven
My Outdoor Blog
www.thesilentpursuit.com
stevenlsmith87

Re: Chest Pack Options

Postby Loften » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:49 pm

I have the fishpond tumbleweed and it is really nice. It has enough room to carry the necessaries, but not to big so that it is bulky and gets in the way. It can fit a small fly box in the main pouch along with other things like lines and tippets. You can put something like hemostats in the open pocket and then flies in the fold down section. You can also put flotant and a mono-master in the little pouches in the front. The downsides are in the fold down pouch for flies you cant put bigger flies without them getting crushed a little bit and some of the flies will fall out of the foam and get stuck in the bottom/sides. Overall I think it is a great pack and would recommend it.
Loften

Postby lylesrob » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:12 pm

I use this and look it. It has a magnetic closure and opens to full access. the strap could not be more comfortable and can be worn under the arm like a sling if you want.

http://www.williamjoseph.net/gear.php?userChoice=Stash

Lyle Robertson
Tight lines,

Lyle

[i]Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

Henry David Thoreau[/i][color=#004080][/color]
lylesrob

Postby chorpie » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:28 am

I know i'm bringing back the dead (thread) but if you guys haven't checked em out, you should take a look at Hill People Gear Kit Bags. They're super handy, well spaced (especially the original kit bag), and the straps are thin enough to wear underneath your backpack straps with no interference at all.

Their original intended use is concealed carry while in the back country, but i don't use it for that...
https://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Products ... fault.aspx

Yong
Amago, 11' Iwana I, 12' Iwana II
chorpie

Return to Add-on gear