Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

"What Trout Want" book: Supports one fly method

"What Trout Want" book: Supports one fly method

Postby lolajoker » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:32 am

Interesting book: What Trout Want by Bob Wyatt
He doesn't talk about Tenkara but his theories find common ground with the one fly method. Very good book:

http://www.amazon.com/What-Trout-Want-E ... 081171179X
lolajoker

Re: "What Trout Want" book: Supports one fly method

Postby dwalker » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:02 pm

lolajoker wrote:Interesting book: What Trout Want by Bob Wyatt..

Looks like an interesting book. Just published in January. Thus far 11 reviews; Ten 5* reviews and One 4* review.

From the book's description he also advocates some other areas in tune with Tenkara methods: simple fly patterns, improved presentation with a reduced number of fly patterns, and the advantage of drag free drifts.

Unfortunately, the look in side feature on Amazon only shows the front and back cover of the book. I can usually tell if I want to read a book after reading the first sentence or first paragraph but Amazon doesn't give me that opportunity with this book.

Would you mind submitting a thumbnail list of the TOC, table of contents?

Thanks for the recommendation,
D
Tenkara is fundamental fishing fun
dwalker

Re: "What Trout Want" book: Supports one fly method

Postby farmer » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:32 am

I've read the book and wasn't quite as impressed. Wyatt spends over half of the book dissing other writers and fishermen's theories on trout behavior. For me, this got a little tiresome after a while. I enjoyed his earlier book (9/2004), "Trout Hunting", much more. He puts a lot of the same simplicity theories across without all the vitriol.
farmer

Return to General technique