Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Dream Trip Destinations

Dream Trip Destinations

Postby tsegelke » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:16 pm

Some years ago, I started saving and dreaming of a fishing trip of a lifetime. Life has happened and the savings haven't piled up as quickly as I liked, but it is getting closer now. Since then, I have gone exclusively Tenkara, so my ideas for destinations are pretty different now.

I am wondering what others would suggest for a 1 to 2 week trip destinations for a once in a lifetime trip. My buddy and I do an annual trip, and have seen a lot of places, but still dream of the "Trip of a Lifetime"

Where would you take your Tenkara Rod?
tsegelke

Re: Dream Trip Destinations

Postby TJ @ Tenkara USA » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:46 pm

tsegelke wrote:Some years ago, I started saving and dreaming of a fishing trip of a lifetime. Life has happened and the savings haven't piled up as quickly as I liked, but it is getting closer now. Since then, I have gone exclusively Tenkara, so my ideas for destinations are pretty different now.

I am wondering what others would suggest for a 1 to 2 week trip destinations for a once in a lifetime trip. My buddy and I do an annual trip, and have seen a lot of places, but still dream of the "Trip of a Lifetime"

I dream of a day I can hit the higher Sierra and catch my first of hopefully many golden trout.

I gave golden in the golden state on my mind.

Tj
Tenkara USA, Director of Customer Service

Tenkara Junkie - Tenkarajankī
Now sporting all of the Tenkara USA Rods!
TJ @ Tenkara USA

Postby Stan Wright » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:21 pm

My brother, my son, and I stayed at a bed and breakfast place in Ketchikan, Alaska for a week. We rented a car and drove to different streams every day. Hired a guide the first day to show us some locations. We told him what we wanted in advance and that we were flyfishing for small trout. OMG I wish I have a tenkara rod at the time. Those little rainbow, cutthroat, and dollies eating salmon eggs were just the perfect size. One day we did a fly out for cutthroat and another day we went on a boat for salmon and halibut. My wife insisted we bring back halibut. The only thing that could have made it better was a tenkara rod.

I just fished with a guy who rented an RV and drove around Alaska for a month... I would love to do that.
there has to be enough small streams and small fish for tenkara fishing. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story.
Stan Wright

Postby vasco » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:47 am

tsegelke wrote:Some years ago, I started saving and dreaming of a fishing trip of a lifetime. Life has happened and the savings haven't piled up as quickly as I liked, but it is getting closer now. Since then, I have gone exclusively Tenkara, so my ideas for destinations are pretty different now.

One of the best and dreaming destination in whole world is Chilean Patagonia.
vasco

Postby achilles38 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:15 pm

TJ @ Tenkara USA wrote:

I dream of a day I can hit the higher Sierra and catch my first of hopefully many golden trout.

I gave golden in the golden state on my mind.

Tj

TJ, let me know when you're ready and I can get your dream golden in hand. They're beautiful fish and well worth the trip.
Jeremy
achilles38

Postby tsegelke » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:18 pm

I think we should plan that for Late June or July of next summer. I could do a long weekend, or even a week to get into that area again.

TJ you up for a road trip?

Cheers.
tsegelke

Postby erik.ostrander » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:28 am

Kamchatka, Newsy land, South Africa.

In that order.
erik.ostrander

Postby acheateaux » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:17 pm

I would love to take the GnaRV to AK and SUP surf, throw my 6-8 wt at sockeye and get bored hooking small trout every other cast.
acheateaux

Postby 257ROBT » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:11 pm

I am probably one of the oddballs, but I really don't have a dream trip. Maybe Japan to fish with the masters if I had to choose something. Truth be told, I have such a good time fishing sw WI that to me, every chance I get to go is a dream trip. I started fishing more north in the drift-less area than I ever have and have found some amazing waters! There is so much water to explore that I don't think I could fish it all even if I lived in the area. Even my home waters in central WI are a new challenge every time I go out. I think that part of my reasoning is that I hate to travel more than I have to. It cuts into fishing time :D

Dale
257ROBT

Return to General technique