Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Knothead Trout, The People's Game

Re: Knothead Trout, The People's Game

Postby jd_smith » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:45 pm

Beautiful Jeremy...just beautiful. Don't be sorry you and your art work are a wonderful contribution to the site. I love my Knot Head Shark that you made for me. My daughter wants one for herself, and I will contact you about that in the future. ;) Keep up the great work and contributions brother!!!

JD
<{(((((><{

"The reverse side also has a reverse side"
jd_smith

Postby adventureR » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:26 am

Thanks brother, kids always represent to me the fun side of the game. I like how the family playing together side works through the game.

I found a program i thought was really good. http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=oZFP5HfJ ... ZFP5HfJPTY Some of the cave drawings had extra legs simulating running. Like the way the tail appears in the last picture. The play of light from torches while the ancient hunters painted their favorite prey on cave walls must have seemed magical bringing the art to life. Thinking back to what life must have been like so long ago gives me a peaceful feel. The same feeling is attainable from our trips to the water. This may be the source for my carving inspiration. Connecting with some basic need lost or disconnected from the natural world around us. Then transforming this in a way attempting to reconnect with what we've strayed away from.
¿ <•,^~~<
adventureR

Postby dwalker » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:51 pm

adventureR wrote:... I found a program i thought was really good. ... Some of the cave drawings had extra legs simulating running. ....

:( For some reason the linked video gives me a message saying video not found.

Perhaps this 7 " youtube video is the same thing or similar. { :( I wanted to embed the video but the [flash] tool option is turned off, not sure how to enable it again - flash is also not on the list in the UCP :? }

The Cave Art Paintings of the Chauvet Cave -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcAwlnhRn2g

aR, - I think you are correct about the multi-image paintings. I could imagine the image of this rhino appearing to move if illuminated by the flickering flame of a torch that is not being held steady. Pity they didn't try to simulate that while filming.

That is the kind of talent developed when not distracted by the internet, tv , your cell phone, or movies and no books to read and no lamp to read them by.

I don't know much about art but I know what I like. I like the old Bugs Bunny Looney Tunes cartoons. The new ones suck. :roll: OTOH - I have had the opportunity to see first hand the art of talented descendents of the cavemen - I'm not quite a neanderthal. I have been to a few traveling art shows here in the USA and the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam and Boijmans museum in Rotterdam. After viewing a few Salvador Dali paintings you'll think someone slipped you an Amsterdam coffee shop brownie. I think the guys in the Chauvet Caverns avoided the mushrooms and were just as creative. ;)

Carve on aR. There's always that new wood grain pattern waiting to be found.
Tenkara is fundamental fishing fun
dwalker

Postby adventureR » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:03 pm

Thanks D, you and Jeff and others that find enjoyment with Tenkara without wanting to force their ways on others make it easier for me to create and enjoy this forum. Thank you for your kind words. :oops:

Cave of forgotten dreams was the program. The show was really interesting. A great historical treasure of something we all search to reconnect with in different ways through our shared love of the outdoors. The rhino was another cool example of the cave art in motion. I can't imagine what it was like to discover this cave. Something else not discussed was how the inhabitants (possibly over 30,000 yrs. worth) left the natural beauty of the cave intact. Many of the formations were much older than the the cave art. The people from long ago understood that natural beauty should not be destroyed. People of today must learn from this.

I agree about the cartoons I used to have many of the old looney tunes on my old HD the music and silly ways were much more appealing than cartoons these days.
¿ <•,^~~<
adventureR

Postby adventureR » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:41 am

Storm on Jupiter.

I hope the game brings anyone who sees it the same feel it does me.

¿ <•,^~~<
adventureR

Postby adventureR » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:30 am

Knothead #16 Golem Catfish

Perhaps now w/ the completion of 15&16. I might get ahead with some more projects. I got done just in time for some varnish ruining week long rain week here in my neck of the woods.
¿ <•,^~~<
adventureR

Postby achilles38 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:39 pm

Been a while since I've been on here. I really like the evolution of your carvings. They all seem to take on a character of their own, and are beautifully finished. Mine still looks great, even after having been caught numerous times, dropped, kicked, and to the Kern river fishing twice. Keep up the bitchen carvings.
Jeremy
achilles38

Postby adventureR » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:10 am

Thanks again Jeremy, 8-)
I guess interest has fallen away from the Knotheads. I got to 16 at least. They are fun to make, they all seem alive to me when I'm finished w/ them.
¿ <•,^~~<
adventureR

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:25 pm

Jeremy,
Not sure why this would ever offend anyone. It's a real fun game. As a matter of fact you could probably sell a good number if you setup at a Fly Fishing Show, just a thought.
I linked to the game in a recent post, http://www.tenkarausa.com/blog/?p=4270, I'll have to try playing with it inside the home one of these days.
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Postby adventureR » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:30 pm

Thanks Daniel, for putting that video link up again brought a smile to my face.
Daniel said "Not sure why this would ever offend anyone. "
Someone was being rude on the forum when I typed about that.
I've thought of a few things to try with the Knotheads. I'll have to work on inventory. I like sharing the game with people.
I don't know about playing inside but using your actual rod and line set up is best for playing a game that sharpens skills. If anyone does indoor casting look out for the ceiling fan.
¿ <•,^~~<
adventureR

PreviousNext

Return to General technique