Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Knothead Trout, The People's Game

Re: Knothead Trout, The People's Game

Postby craigthor » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:01 pm

adventureR wrote:Thanks Jeremy, glad you like my attempt at humor. That little Sunfish was the perfect size to show with #1. Hope all that see my pictures share the joy of something fun. Can't have enough good feelings. This is be best part of my Knothead carvings, to draw attention to something good.

Got a little further with #12. There's a bit more sanding and coats left. Dam you Varnish! Anyway 12 is turning into a nice Knothead, I like the display idea. The display is just a peach scrap that I debarked and accentuated some of natural character on. Can't wait to finish and send it to Craig. I hope you and the family enjoy a fun outside game, maybe in the snow.

:shock: That is looking great!
craigthor

Postby achilles38 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:16 pm

All right... so now I've got to go get a piece or wood in nature and create a mount so my Golden Knothead won't feel left out. :lol: sweet looking set ups! I'm going to have to get my own made.
Jeremy
achilles38

Postby adventureR » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:28 am

Thanks Craig, I think so too. Hopefully your last coat of varnish is curing. I brushed it on before the sun come up this morning.

Jeremy the stand is not that to hard if you know where Golden likes to hide. Adds some skill to your woodworking repertoire. I think the inspiration should come from watching the fish in your clear mountain streams. A bit of structure a fish would naturally hide near. Rocks are to heavy to ship. But wood carved to look like rock would be nice. I've only tried to mimic rock a couple times carved into wood. It's like carving a fish tail in wood, very subjective with all the different forms the tail or rock can take. You could always find a rock to use as a stand.

Jeremy
¿ <•,^~~<
adventureR

Postby Eddie » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:11 am

Thank you, Jeremy.

I have got my No.11 trout today.
I do knot know if you knew it, but the hollow in the base looks like another fish to me.

Eddie
Attachments
No.11 Knothead troug-1.jpg
No.11 Knothead trout-2.jpg
Another fish on the base.jpg
Eddie

Postby craigthor » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:13 pm

Eddie wrote:Thank you, Jeremy.

I have got my No.11 trout today.
I do knot know if you knew it, but the hollow in the base looks like another fish to me.

Eddie

Pretty slick!
craigthor

Postby adventureR » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:36 am

Finally got near a connection. Anyway #'s 12, & 13 done. And a bit of progress done on #14 too.

Knothead #13 Howler Monkey

So cool Eddie, I'm glad you like #11, and the fish in the line holder/base hollow. I thought you would enjoy the natural look of this wood. Enjoy my friend. Your lines are addictively fun, Kebari beautiful, and I'm glad you have my art. :D

Jeremy
¿ <•,^~~<
adventureR

Postby achilles38 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:05 am

Damn! You carved that monkey? I knew you were good, but that's crazy :D . The artwork keeps getting better, great work.
Jeremy
achilles38

Postby adventureR » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:53 pm

Thanks Jeremy,
The inspiration comes from somewhere I don't know where. I really enjoy making the little carvings. Here's another lineholder I've been playing around with.
It's a scrap piece of oak from a neighbors after a wind storm a few years back. A couple of hours yesterday, and earlier today. I really enjoyed carving this, very relaxing. A nice thing to focus my attention on.

¿ <•,^~~<
adventureR

Postby adventureR » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:41 am

Knothead 14 Roosterfish, inspired by this link http://www.gyotakufishprints.com/fishpi ... -art-4.jpg Gyotaku Fish Rubbings. Never heard of the Gyotaku Fish Rubbing till reading about them on this site, they are really interesting.

¿ <•,^~~<
adventureR

Postby craigthor » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:00 pm

Hope you approve AdventureR!

craigthor

PreviousNext

Return to General technique