Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Repeated sign-in?

Re: Repeated sign-in?

Postby masjc1 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:51 pm

Daniel,

I've just developed this problem about a week or so ago. I log on at the top and after I've visited several of the topics I will be logged off and have to click on log in. Generally the system will remember me and that I'm logged in but it takes me back to the top again. In addition there are two topics that will not un-highlight after I've read all the threads.

Any ideas?
Mark

"I have laid aside business and gone a fishing"

Izaak Walton
masjc1

Postby jayfisher » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:40 pm

Edit 2/20/11: Everything is working OK, so please disregard the message below.

I've logged on OK using Firefox. I'm using my old soon-to-be replaced computer to type this. Now with a new computer and Internet Explorer [edit: version 8], I cannot log into the Forum. I can log into "My Account," but not into theForum. The problem must go deeper than just cookie permissions - I've set and reset my IE cookie settings in every combination, and even gave site permission, but the Forum still doesn't work with IE.

Edit: Google Chrome works also.

Edit #2 (1/1/2011): Internet Explorer now works, so please disregard what I said above. I don't know what the problem was - a lot of changes were made to the program's options. But at least it's working. :D
jayfisher

Postby Expired » Mon May 30, 2011 2:11 pm

Google Chrome does not work.

I have to repeatedly sign in every 20 minutes or so, using my email only.
If I try to log in using my forum account, I will be redirected to the email login.
Thus, I cannot select 'automatically log me in' to stay logged in indefinitely.

Pretty annoying... :|
It's true I was born here, but this country isn't mine.
Expired

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Mon May 30, 2011 7:12 pm

Hi Expired,
You have to login using your email address on our main site login page: http://tenkarausa.com/login.php
To create a single sign on page, that's the way we had to do it, unfortunately some links still take you to the "forum login" page, which does not work and will redirect you to the login page above. I recommend logging in through the top right corner link first. Sorry for the inconvenience, it's a problem I have had a hard time getting rid of.
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Postby chorpie » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:17 pm

Is there an easier way to get the sign-in to pop you over to the forum index? With the link at the top changed to the tenkara summit, it takes 4 clicks to get back to the forums when you're trying to post anything.

With the user session timing out after 20 minutes and no "remember me" option, it gets a bit tedious.
Yong
Amago, 11' Iwana I, 12' Iwana II
chorpie

Postby papa d » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:40 pm

Thats really strange. Ive often forgot to logout and i will come back to it 2-3 hours later and im still logged in. Just to save anyone who might ask im using a 6 year old Mac laptop.
But it doesnt remember me once ive logged out and do have to go through all the stuff again as you guys are doing. Probably because it removes all cookies when logging out maybe,im not real savvy on computers.
papa d

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:27 pm

Is there an easier way to get the sign-in to pop you over to the forum index?

I'd suggest clicking on the "talk" icon next to the email sign up bar.
Also, I prefer to first login by clicking on "log in" on the top right corner, and then clicking on "talk" to come to the forum.
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Previous

Return to FORUM FAQ & RULES