Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Repeated sign-in?

Repeated sign-in?

Postby grampa » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:17 am

Although I repeatedly hit the automatic log-in button, each time I try to post or reply on the forum, I get sent to one and often two log-in pages, then have to re-navigate my way back to the forum and thread I was on.

This can get frustrating! Is anyone else experiencing this, or am I doing something wrong?
grampa

Re: Repeated sign-in?

Postby Tenkara USA » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:56 pm

Hi Grampa,
You're not doing anything wrong, that's currently a system issue that we are aware of and will try to fix soon. We want to have a single site log-on, and that's why this is happening.

The easiest way is to log-on as soon as you get to the site, the system should keep you logged-on. That way you'll be ready to write when you find a topic of interest.

Thanks for the feedback
Tenkara USA
Tenkara USA

Postby OarsnPaddle » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:30 am

I agree with Grampa. It's annoying to having to log in (twice) constantly.
OarsnPaddle

Postby rsetina » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:44 pm

I haven't had this problem yet. Let's see what happens after I post this.

Worked fine for me. Sorry to read you're having this problem. I'd have to agree this it would be annoying.
Rick

テンカラ。小さなストリームのシンプルさ。
My Tenkara Rods:
13' Ayu, 12' Yamame, 11' with a conversion handle, and an Ito.

My Wife's Tenkara Rods:
12' Ebisu and 13.5' Amago, 12' Iwana with a conversion handle, and an Ito.
rsetina

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:28 pm

This should have been fixed several months ago. We tried to make sure that you can just click on the sign in button on top and sign in, if you're not logged in and try to post a reply it should take you to the same page so you can log in, but you should remain logged in for about 10 minutes of no activity and not have to do it again. We stopped receiving messages about this after we fixed it. The only thing I can think of is if the browser is set up to not accept cookies, etc.
Could you describe what is happening exactly? Is it the same as described by Grampa? Also, what browser do you currently use?
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Postby OarsnPaddle » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:14 am

I do allow most cookies. I just don't allow third party cookies (advertisment cookies, basically).

I log in as usual (tick the "remember me" box) then I'm taken to the login of the shop, where I have to do it again. Then if I close the last tenkara tab (still having other tabs from other sites open), I have to do it again. The same happens when I click a link from the mail. I have to open this website first, ticking boxes, log in twice, and then I can click on the link in the mail to take me to the post.

If I don't login (twice) first and merely click on the link in the mail, I get to the two login pages, and then it has forgot the thread and post I was going to, so I either have to go through "subscriptions", or click the link in the mail again, this time taking me to the right place.

Er, I hope that makes sense?

I'm a member on several pro audio forums, as well as some political forums, and three canoeing forums. On those places, the sites actually do "remember me".
OarsnPaddle

Postby rsetina » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:56 pm

Sounds confusing and annoying too. Hope you figure it out and get it fixed. I still haven't had trouble logging in and staying logged in.
Rick

テンカラ。小さなストリームのシンプルさ。
My Tenkara Rods:
13' Ayu, 12' Yamame, 11' with a conversion handle, and an Ito.

My Wife's Tenkara Rods:
12' Ebisu and 13.5' Amago, 12' Iwana with a conversion handle, and an Ito.
rsetina

Postby Owl Jones » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:32 am

Just to add my log-in experience....each time I visit I must log in. I use this same forum format on my forums(two of them) and it doesn't have to be that way. Sadly, I can't tell you where the feature button is to change this off the top of my head, but it is most likely in the "configuration" or "forum and catagories" section of the Admin panel. Of course, it could also be in other places - this BB is full of nice features but it's often hard to find what you're looking for when making changes because of all the features they include.

I'm currently involved in about a dozen forums, and this is the only one where I cannot have it remember me each time I visit. Just letting you know. Wish I had the solution for you. Until then, I'll just keep logging in - my browser keeps my info so it's only a one click process for me.

If others are having problems consider using Firefox or Chrome as your browser.
Owl Jones

Postby narcodog » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:26 am

I thought it was me. I get a message that my email etc is not recognized. It shows that I have the ability to logout but I am not logged in. :?
narcodog

Postby Owl Jones » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:06 am

Whoa. That is odd. I've never run into that one using this software. Sorry!
Owl Jones

Next

Return to FORUM FAQ & RULES