Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Forum Suggestions!

Forum Suggestions!

Postby Curtis C » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:57 pm

I did not see a place to toss out ideas for the forum, hopefully this would be the place to do so.

Would anyone else like to see the "New Topic" button be removed from within a thread?

Is there a way to stay logged in? I get logged out and have to log back in every couple hours. I have clicked the remember me box so it knows my info.

C
Curtis C

Re: Forum Suggestions!

Postby rsetina » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:19 pm

I think the New Topic button is there so that if you read something in a post and have a thought that wouldn't be something you would post in the original thread, but part of the same section of the forum, you can just click the NT button within the section you're in and go from there. I don't see a problem with it being there. But that's just my 2 cents.
Rick

テンカラ。小さなストリームのシンプルさ。
My Tenkara Rods:
13' Ayu, 12' Yamame, 11' with a conversion handle, and an Ito.

My Wife's Tenkara Rods:
12' Ebisu and 13.5' Amago, 12' Iwana with a conversion handle, and an Ito.
rsetina

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:28 pm

Hi Curtis,

What browser are you currently using?
We currently have the sessions setup to last a week I believe. You shouldn't be getting logged out unless your system is not allowed to accept cookies, which is how I believe our forum knows it is still you. Do you have that problem with any other sites?
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Postby Curtis C » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:56 pm

Hey Daniel, I am using XP with Firefox browser on 2 different computers. The same thing happens on both computers and it is only happening here. Forums like FAOL, Kifaru, Rokslide, Facebook all keep me logged in just fine.

I do get two different log in screens. every couple of weeks I get the screen that has the fish image and I have to retype my username and password.

The other just has the empty blocks for username and password and it pops up every couple hours. On this page I just click the Login button in the green bar and it gets me back on without retyping my info.

Thanks, Curtis
Curtis C

Return to FORUM FAQ & RULES