Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Problems with sign-in?

Problems with sign-in?

Postby klags » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:09 am

Hi there, I've been more active on the forum the last couple of months and I'm having a recurring problem that maybe someone can help with?

I seem to be always signed out, even though I have the password saved/recognized. In effect, this means that every time I follow a link to a forum post, or if I start looking at forums before I sign in, I am constantly prompted for my sign in... at which point, after signing it, it automatically takes me back to the forum home screen.

Unlike with other forums, once I'm signed in, I cannot use the back tab or cut and paste the original URL from the search bar to return to the forum... if I do, then it brings me back NOT SIGNED IN. So frustrating.

So now every time I find a forum and want to comment on it, I have to really search for it again after signing in. Sometimes I can't even find it.

Ideas please? Anyone know if there are settings I can change, or has anyone else had this same issue?
klags

Re: Problems with sign-in?

Postby Nagasaurus » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:46 am

I've had the sign-in be inconsistent for me as well. No tips to fix in unfortunately other than what you already mentioned--try to remember to sign in first before browsing the forum.

Out of curiosity are you using the Sign In link in the upper left or the one that is part of the forum?
Nagasaurus

Postby klags » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:46 am

I have been using the one up and to the right in the forum, maybe I should try the one on the upper left?
klags

Postby yooper » Sun May 10, 2015 11:19 am

When it's really, really annoying is when I get an email notification. If I just click on the link in the email I am signed out consistently when I get here. It's then about four steps to get to where I want to go because I am taken to the TUSA home page instead of the forum and have to navigate back down into the forum and then dig down to the thread that I was notified about.

I have taken to leaving my email client, opening the browser, using to a saved bookmark (index.php, which results in only about 30% signout rate) to get to the forum, then reopening the email client to click on the notification link.

I'd use this forum a lot more if it was easier to use. Don't get me started on image uploads.

My system: Safari 8.0.6 on MacOS 10.10.3
yooper

Return to FORUM FAQ & RULES