Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

noob loving Tenkara in Rochester, NY

Trip reports, findings, events, and general experiences with tenkara fishing. Tell other tenkara enthusiasts about your tenkara experience

noob loving Tenkara in Rochester, NY

Postby lance.lascari » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:28 pm

After a long hiatus from fly fishing for trout (25-30 years), I'm all in with Tenkara. I've spin-fished the st. lawrence for crappie and anything else that will bite and enjoyed catching catfish and drum on the erie canal in recent years, but I'm happily back in the trout game.

I've landed exactly three brown trout in the last week, one on each Rod (Hane, Rhodo, Sato). I love them all. I realize that I could have stuck with the Hane for most of my fishing but the other extremes here in tight quarters and wider waters make the shorter and longer rods excellent additions.

I can't thank you enough for the quality gear, the podcasts, and the book. I look forward to sharing with other anglers.

On one small creek in the area that as some great fishing, I ran into a fellow last week that has been fishing it for 66 years. He had never seen a Tenkara rod and his eyes widened when I showed it to him. On the simplicity, he said "you're speaking my language".

Thanks again for the quality product and sharing of information!
Lance
lance.lascari

Re: noob loving Tenkara in Rochester, NY

Postby TJ @ Tenkara USA » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:46 am

Hi Lance, welcome to the board as I see this is your first post.

Indeed, tenkara is tons of fun. It is all I do for the last 10 years or so.

Hope you have many great years of tenkara in front of you.

TJ
Tenkara USA, Director of Customer Service

Tenkara Junkie - Tenkarajankī
Now sporting all of the Tenkara USA Rods!
TJ @ Tenkara USA

Return to Your Tenkara Experience