Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

SWPA Brookie fishing trip (with adventure video)

Trip reports, findings, events, and general experiences with tenkara fishing. Tell other tenkara enthusiasts about your tenkara experience

SWPA Brookie fishing trip (with adventure video)

Postby Fly_Tyer_Mike » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:40 am

Since I have built my "Brookie Stick" I have only fished with my standard fly rod/reel combo one time. I am literally in love with this style of fishing. I basically took at tiny fly rod blank, and converted it not a fixed line set up.

This past weekend I had taken a trip into the mountains. I was checking my topo map app on my phone and found the blue line I wanted to check out. I hunted this area before and heard the stream running at the base of the mountain.

It was probably the hardest access blue line I have ever hit up, and by far the most beautiful. They fish were gorgeous and the scenery was unmatched in my fly fishing career.

I have attached the link to the youtube video of my adventure as well, as some of the pictures. I could have taken thousands more pictures of this stream. It is awesome to find an area untouched by civilization, litter, etc.

https://youtu.be/qizczr21aqA
Fly_Tyer_Mike

Return to Your Tenkara Experience