Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Found Tenkara in Poe Valley, PA.

Trip reports, findings, events, and general experiences with tenkara fishing. Tell other tenkara enthusiasts about your tenkara experience

Found Tenkara in Poe Valley, PA.

Postby TenkaraJake » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:38 pm

fish.JPG
Did our annual trip in late fall to PA. I have been fishing the waters of central PA for several years with my Ayu and Iwana rods. My wonderful wife got me the Rhodo for Christmas last year and finally got to break it in this past week. (Nov. 6,7, & 8) The weather was abysmal. Snow, rain, sleet, wind, etc. Anyway, we didn't get to the big rivers this week because of the weather, however there was a stream 50 yards from our cabin. Decided to finally break in the Rhodo. After 3 casts at the bottom of a waterfall, hooked a 10" Brown Trout. At first didn't realize he was on there. He just sipped the fly. I thought I had a snag until he swam behind me with the fly securely snagged in his upper lip. Didn't break out the Tamo on my back because I was not sure I even hooked anything until I pulled up on the line, and there he was. Anyway, beautiful brown trout in November in the snow. Gotta love it. Sorry for bad pic, it was freezing. We were sitting at around a campfire most of the day and I decided to hit the falls before the sun went down to try and see if I could bag a trout.
Last edited by TenkaraJake on Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TenkaraJake

Re: Found Tenkara in Poe Paddy, PA.

Postby TJ @ Tenkara USA » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:24 pm

Very cool TenkaraJake! Nice story and thank you for sharing.
TJ
Tenkara USA, Director of Customer Service

Tenkara Junkie - Tenkarajankī
Now sporting all of the Tenkara USA Rods!
TJ @ Tenkara USA

Re: Found Tenkara in Poe Valley, PA.

Postby Adam Trahan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:16 pm

Nice one!

Thanks for sharing.
Adam Trahan

Re: Found Tenkara in Poe Valley, PA.

Postby WildTigerTrout » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:30 am

Sounds like a good time even if it was nasty weather. I think my next Tenkara rod will be the "Rhodo". I really like fishing our small mountain streams. Enjoy the new rod. :)
Iwana 12 ft. 6-4 Series II
Yamame 12 ft. 7-3
Ito 13 ft. /14 ft. 7 in. 6-4
Rhodo 8 ft. 10 in. /9 ft. 9 in. /10 ft. 6 in.
WildTigerTrout

Return to Your Tenkara Experience