Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

First day with my new Ito

Trip reports, findings, events, and general experiences with tenkara fishing. Tell other tenkara enthusiasts about your tenkara experience

First day with my new Ito

Postby Dcukdodger » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:32 pm

Had my first fish with my new Ito on my second cast! Yay! Continued catching for several hours. Then I noticed that I had lost my first bottom screw cap on my new Ito...... :|
Dcukdodger

Re: First day with my new Ito

Postby Dcukdodger » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:53 pm

Fish pic
Attachments
IMG_3815.JPG
Dcukdodger

Postby Dcukdodger » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:11 pm

Forgot to mention that the Ito handled a 85 Lb German shepherd twice just fine. He knows what fishing is about and went in after the fly twice.... but I landed him! :D
Dcukdodger

Postby John @ Tenkara USA » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:04 am

Glad you had success so quickly with your Ito! That's a pretty fish, although I'm not 100% sure what type of trout it is?

Sorry you lost your screw cap. Please contact us at info@tenkarausa.com if you need any help replacing it.
John Geer at Tenkara USA
John @ Tenkara USA

Postby Dcukdodger » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:32 pm

A fishing guru at work thinks it's a cutthroat/ rainbow hybrid. I was fishing on the Wilson river, Oregon. And I ordered two screw on caps as soon as I got home. I ordered an extra for my Amago too. Lol
Dcukdodger

Postby Dcukdodger » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:40 pm

Lol. My new screw on caps left Colorado to Brooklyn NY, then Queens NY. Now has left Queens for (I hope) Oregon
Dcukdodger

Postby Dcukdodger » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:08 pm

BOOM! USPS didn't loose my order! After it's cross country tour it finally made it to my home. My Ito is ready to go again! The lesson learned is to check your screw on cap a few times through the day. The cap on my Teton was loose this morning when I was preparing to fish.......
Dcukdodger

Postby yakfisher » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:40 pm

Dcukdodger wrote:A fishing guru at work thinks it's a cutthroat/ rainbow hybrid. I was fishing on the Wilson river, Oregon. And I ordered two screw on caps as soon as I got home. I ordered an extra for my Amago too. Lol

Nice looking fish. Where on the Wilson did you catch that hybrid?

Jay
Fast enough to get there but slow enough to see...

Peterberger Bike Adventures
yakfisher

Postby Dcukdodger » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:19 pm

Hi, between a bridge and that county rest area. Sorry I can't do better. I don't know the names of the fishing holes...
Dcukdodger

Postby Gilljr@comcat.net » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:39 am

I fell in love with the Ito also. Been fishing the Teton, Sierra and Sawtooth prior to gettin a few Tenkarausa rods. The Ito is phenomenal and so versatile for a guy who doesn’t own waders! Love these Tenkarausa rods.
Gilljr@comcat.net

Next

Return to Your Tenkara Experience