****The tenkara forum will now use a separate login from the rest of the site. If you are an existing forum user, you may need to confirm or possibly create a new account. We will have limited support for the forum.****

First trip

Trip reports, findings, events, and general experiences with tenkara fishing. Tell other tenkara enthusiasts about your tenkara experience

First trip

Postby Arkranger » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:41 am

Recived tenkara rod yesterday. Today tried to fish. It was raining... A lot. River was bloated and brown with rainwater. I got soaked to the skin, and lost 4 flyes in trees. Didn't catch anything... It was wonderful :D can't wait til next time :)
Arkranger

Re: First trip

Postby Jay K » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:31 pm

Arkranger wrote:Recived tenkara rod yesterday. Today tried to fish. It was raining... A lot. River was bloated and brown with rainwater. I got soaked to the skin, and lost 4 flyes in trees. Didn't catch anything... It was wonderful :D can't wait til next time :)

Nonsense, you caught four trees. :D Hope your next outing's better... and thank goodness Tenkara flies are cheap and easy.
Jay K

Re: First trip

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:20 am

Dr. Ishigaki calls this the "tenkara tax", yes, you may lose a few flies, but pretty quick you'll learn how to reduce or possibly evade the tax altogether.
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Return to Your Tenkara Experience