****The tenkara forum will now use a separate login from the rest of the site. If you are an existing forum user, you may need to confirm or possibly create a new account. We will have limited support for the forum.****

Old stream, new rod

Trip reports, findings, events, and general experiences with tenkara fishing. Tell other tenkara enthusiasts about your tenkara experience

Old stream, new rod

Postby troutchaser » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:48 am

Headed out to Bullhead Creek in Stone Mountain State Park to give my new Iwana '12 a try. I have fished this stream and it's "sections" many times. Never, have I had a more enjoyable day. This rod lived up to every bit of the information I have read about it. On the day I would imagine that I brought to hand about 25 wild rainbows or brookies. All between "6-"12. Sorry, I have no pictures. I will, however, have to buy a digital camera. On another day I went to Alamance Creek for some panfish. Again, What a hoot. A friend, that I was fishing with, now is considering a purchase of an Iwana. Nice to read all that everyone posts. I'll be adding more myself. Thanks for all of the information.
troutchaser

Re: Old stream, new rod

Postby rsetina » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:19 pm

Welcome Troutchaser. Glad to read you converted another friend. I'll look for your future posts.
Rick

テンカラ。小さなストリームのシンプルさ。
My Tenkara Rods:
13' Ayu, 12' Yamame, 11' with a conversion handle, and an Ito.

My Wife's Tenkara Rods:
12' Ebisu and 13.5' Amago, 12' Iwana with a conversion handle, and an Ito.
rsetina

Return to Your Tenkara Experience