****The tenkara forum will now use a separate login from the rest of the site. If you are an existing forum user, you may need to confirm or possibly create a new account. We will have limited support for the forum.****

Amago Encore Redux

Trip reports, findings, events, and general experiences with tenkara fishing. Tell other tenkara enthusiasts about your tenkara experience

Amago Encore Redux

Postby rvrgzr » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:31 pm

If the water is clear enough in the mountains (We've had lots of rain, lately.) I'll be trying the Amago on trout next weekend. That I'm looking forward to.

Anybody have an idea why the 1st pic is sized medium and these two are not? They're all the size of the first one on Photobucket.

rvrgzr

Re: Amago Encore Redux

Postby CM_Stewart » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:54 pm

rvrgzr wrote:Anybody have an idea why the 1st pic is sized medium and these two are not? They're all the size of the first one on Photobucket.

They all look the same to me: 240x320 pixels.

Nice fish, by the way.
CM_Stewart

Postby Jay K » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:53 pm

Nice catch on a tenkara rod.

This time, I'm most amazed, however, by how manicured the lawn is by the pond you're fishing.
Jay K

Postby rvrgzr » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:13 am

Jay K wrote:Nice catch on a tenkara rod.

This time, I'm most amazed, however, by how manicured the lawn is by the pond you're fishing.

Yes, I'd mowed that afternoon. A 'manicured' lawn around a pond is a 'happy backcast' pond'. The whole pond isn't that way, because the bass really enjoy lounging beneath the overhanging willow trees. Because of grandchildren and traditional (casting) fly fishing friends, i do keep about half the pond mowed. I doubt I'd have landed this bass if I'd have hooked it on a section of the pond that had structure or cover. The current line of Tenkara rods is not made for hauling fish through cattails, sedges, and submerged tree trunks.

Think "Twelvekara", 3x tippet, Daniel. :lol:
rvrgzr

Return to Your Tenkara Experience