****The tenkara forum will now use a separate login from the rest of the site. If you are an existing forum user, you may need to confirm or possibly create a new account. We will have limited support for the forum.****

A quick outing

Trip reports, findings, events, and general experiences with tenkara fishing. Tell other tenkara enthusiasts about your tenkara experience

A quick outing

Postby danku » Fri May 28, 2010 3:19 am

I had a few days off so I pulled out the topo maps and looked for a couple new streams to fish. I soon found two that where about 10k apart and had road access. So checked the fly supply packed the cooler graped the tenkara rod and of course my wife and jumped in the van. A hour later we found stream one. The sun was out the access was good and the fish where hungry.
river.jpg
river.jpg (48.18 KiB) Viewed 1877 times
Fished till the evening hatch and kept afew for dinner
dinner.jpg
dinner.jpg (144.44 KiB) Viewed 1879 times
At sunset we took looking for stream two. Soon found the narrow dirk road that would get us there. We found a open area along the road and set up camp. We awoke to the sound of rain and had our first look at the river.
access.jpg
access.jpg (212.32 KiB) Viewed 1876 times
This one would be abit tougher to get to. My wife opted to stay behind as I slid down the bank or should I say cliff. I should had brought the climbing rope. I hiked up the canyon for a few k then thought it best to get out while I could. Better not to get caught in this stream with the rain comming down. Did get one reward a nice yamame will go back again better prepaired.
Tenkara old timer
danku

Re: A quick outing

Postby rsetina » Sat May 29, 2010 3:06 pm

Beautiful water and pictures. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Rick

テンカラ。小さなストリームのシンプルさ。
My Tenkara Rods:
13' Ayu, 12' Yamame, 11' with a conversion handle, and an Ito.

My Wife's Tenkara Rods:
12' Ebisu and 13.5' Amago, 12' Iwana with a conversion handle, and an Ito.
rsetina

Return to Your Tenkara Experience