Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Another Tenkara large mouth bass

Trip reports, findings, events, and general experiences with tenkara fishing. Tell other tenkara enthusiasts about your tenkara experience

Another Tenkara large mouth bass

Postby rvrgzr » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:21 am

Note the wind-powered pond aerator in the background.

rvrgzr

Re: Another Tenkara large mouth bass

Postby wrknapp » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:34 am

Your photos may be the single best example of the reason to have a Yamame in one's quiver of Tenkara rods. Another beauty.

Randy
"When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee" Is 43:2a "I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble" Jer 31:9b
wrknapp

Postby CM_Stewart » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:01 am

Wow! If I may ask, what did you catch that one on? (if it was someone's shih tzu you don't have to answer).
CM_Stewart

Postby rvrgzr » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:06 am

wrknapp wrote:Your photos may be the single best example of the reason to have a Yamame in one's quiver of Tenkara rods. Another beauty.

Randy

Thanks, Randy.

CM_Stewart wrote:Wow! If I may ask, what did you catch that one on? (if it was someone's shih tzu you don't have to answer).

Of course a fish this size eats fry and small fish of all species, as well as crayfish; but many people do not realize that pond fish, large and small, eat a tremendous amount of nymphs. You figure the dragonfly or damselfly nymphs of some species live up to 3 years before they reach adulthood. I caught this bass on an olive-brown #14 unweighted damselfly nymph.
rvrgzr

Postby jeffkreager » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:24 pm

That's a dandy!!!
jeffkreager

Postby solocanoe » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:15 pm

rvrgzr - beautiful fish, man!

Been fishing for bucketmouths much of life - lots of time in the south.

My largest bass ever (not quite 10lbs) came on a sinking spider - a red butt bully spider to be exact - while I was bluegill fishing. I was back paddling for 10 mins. while I held steady pressure. It was wild - the water actually "vacuumed" into a tornado when the spider hit the water next to a tree stump.

I am glad (for now at least!) that I have the Yamame on the way...your pics all over this site are just great!
-john
Lucky to get out. Whenever I can. Never enough. Romans 8:31
solocanoe

Postby rsetina » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:23 pm

Another awesome looking bass! I've been wanting to head up to a man made lake north of Los Angeles but the wind has been blowing quite a bit lately. They have a huge wind farm in the area there so you can imagine what the winds are like. Soon though.
Rick

テンカラ。小さなストリームのシンプルさ。
My Tenkara Rods:
13' Ayu, 12' Yamame, 11' with a conversion handle, and an Ito.

My Wife's Tenkara Rods:
12' Ebisu and 13.5' Amago, 12' Iwana with a conversion handle, and an Ito.
rsetina

Return to Your Tenkara Experience