Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Just wanted to say hey

Trip reports, findings, events, and general experiences with tenkara fishing. Tell other tenkara enthusiasts about your tenkara experience

Just wanted to say hey

Postby JDP1292 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:44 am

Wasn't sure where to put this really, thought this may be the best spot.

I've been interested in fly fishing for a couple years now, but never really took the plunge to purchase some gear and do it on a regular basis. I had a difficult time casting, and to be honest, i met some snobs who believed their style of fishing was the only style out there.

HOwever I'm happy to say that I found this little gem of a website, and it has fascinated me ever since. I plan on picking up a Tenkara rod within the next few weeks or so in time for the summer, and look foward to a very simplistic style of fishing.

Thanks to everyone who has made this possible, and can't wait to try it out!
JDP1292

Re: Just wanted to say hey

Postby wrknapp » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:32 am

You are in for a real treat, and all those "snobs" will be eating crow when they watch you catching fish after fish without all their high end paraphenalia. Read all the posts and watch the videos and make sure you check out CM Stewarts comments here and on his tenkarabum site.

Randy
"When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee" Is 43:2a "I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble" Jer 31:9b
wrknapp

Postby jbenenson » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:25 pm

If anybody is a snob about what type of fishing they do, they are in REAL trouble. It's about the silliest way to thank that you're better than somebody else that I know of. I feel sorry for them and happy for you: you've joined the ranks of some very nice people.
--
I would like to have the modest contact with the nature in hope of continuing the beautiful streams forever

Yoshikazu Fujioka
jbenenson

Postby rsetina » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:51 pm

Welcome JDP. You'll love your Tenkara rod when you get it and I'll look for you first post about your experience.
Rick

テンカラ。小さなストリームのシンプルさ。
My Tenkara Rods:
13' Ayu, 12' Yamame, 11' with a conversion handle, and an Ito.

My Wife's Tenkara Rods:
12' Ebisu and 13.5' Amago, 12' Iwana with a conversion handle, and an Ito.
rsetina

Return to Your Tenkara Experience