Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Montana Tenkara

Trip reports, findings, events, and general experiences with tenkara fishing. Tell other tenkara enthusiasts about your tenkara experience

Montana Tenkara

Postby LarryTullis » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:59 am

I stopped by the Grizzly Hackle Flyshop in Missoula to say hi to my friends, on my way to Spokane the other day, and they had just gotten in their first Tenkara rods after talking to me about them at a NC show. A customer quickly bought one after listening to my 10 minute impromptu Tenkara clinic. Fun, effective, light on the wallet and easy to learn! Whats not to like about these things? They pretty much sell themselves once folks grasp the concept. I got a free lunch from it too!

On the way back to Utah, I stopped and fished the Beaverhead near Dillon for a couple hours and caught a dozen nice browns to 21 inches, several whiteys and one bow. Tenkara is a kick!
LarryTullis

Re: Montana Tenkara

Postby rsetina » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:11 pm

Wow! What a great story! They really do sell themselves if someone just gives them a chance. On another forum a guys post got hi-jacked by two other guys who seem to dislike each other. I sent him a PM and told him to check out Tenkara USA since he was looking for a light weight rod for... "small creek fishing." I'm waiting for a reply.

Congratulations on catching some nice browns on the Beaverhead. Sounds like you had a good trip.
Rick

テンカラ。小さなストリームのシンプルさ。
My Tenkara Rods:
13' Ayu, 12' Yamame, 11' with a conversion handle, and an Ito.

My Wife's Tenkara Rods:
12' Ebisu and 13.5' Amago, 12' Iwana with a conversion handle, and an Ito.
rsetina

Return to Your Tenkara Experience