Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Ready to Rock!

Trip reports, findings, events, and general experiences with tenkara fishing. Tell other tenkara enthusiasts about your tenkara experience

Ready to Rock!

Postby bridge » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:58 am

Just wanted to say hello to everyone on the site. Just received my Iwana and the other required gear to go out and start rockin the Tenkara here in Seattle. Gonna try to hit some Eastern Washington desert creeks next week so I'll report if theres anything worth reporting.
bridge

Re: Ready to Rock!

Postby jbenenson » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:23 am

Hi Bridge,

I'm certain that you'll really enjoy Tenkara fishing. Once you find how much conventional gear is unnecessary and how wonderful trout fishing can be with only a sensitive rod and line, you'll be hooked (just like the many trout that you'll catch).

Short lines,

Jim
--
I would like to have the modest contact with the nature in hope of continuing the beautiful streams forever

Yoshikazu Fujioka
jbenenson

Postby Rebecca Allen » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:22 am

I just got my new Iwana this morning too. Going to get it on the stream tomorrow morning for some trout fishing - can't wait - very sweet little set up. The rod has more beef than I expected and overall feels much like tip casting a super ultra light switch rod. I like this :D
Rebecca Allen

Postby CM_Stewart » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:12 am

If you like it now, just wait til you have a feisty brookie on the other end of the line!
CM_Stewart

Postby jeffkreager » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:57 pm

Welcome to the "Club" Bridge.
jeffkreager

Postby pszy22 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:08 am

Rebecca,

After a week of constant snow shoveling, I'm looking forward to your report.
pszy22

Postby adv911 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:21 pm

Hey Bridge, I just got my Yamame too. I am not sure where to go right now. The Yakima maybe next week, just read the article on Rocky Ford too. I don't know if it's open though.

Greg
adv911

Postby bigheadr » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:03 pm

Rocky Ford is open year around. Went a couple of weeks ago and regular fly fished. I am considering getting into Tenkara fly fishing. Thinking about the Ebisu since I wanted an all around rod to fish the upper Yakima or Cedar River. Not sure how it would do in some of the windy conditions that we get in Washington state.

Ray
bigheadr

Return to Your Tenkara Experience