Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Tenkara in Chile

Trip reports, findings, events, and general experiences with tenkara fishing. Tell other tenkara enthusiasts about your tenkara experience

Tenkara in Chile

Postby vasco » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:44 pm

friends:
I just got my first experience Tenkara, was 7 days fishing on three different rivers, two days in a river Petrohue which agree quite large after an hour by plane
Later, and after a journey of 500 km by car and 8 hours horse riding, we reached a haven of pristine nature with two wonderful rivers full of rainbows and browns, the Polcura and The Peucos rivers. A wonderful Tenkara experience.

vasco

Re: Tenkara in Chile

Postby tsegelke » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:47 pm

I have always wanted to go to Chilie. It looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing, and look forward to any other info, or pics you are willing to share.
tsegelke

Postby Stan Wright » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:08 am

That is nice....
More pictures please.
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story.
Stan Wright

Postby vasco » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:14 pm

tsegelke:
If you want then you can. Here you still can find untoch nature with hundred of rivers and lakes full of trouts. If you are thinking seriuosly to visit Chile I can share with you any info that you need also by internet you can find tons of info.

regards
vasco

Postby MickeyTenkara » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:34 am

Vasco , that is a beautifull river. more pictures please :)
Tenkara Fishing is a way of life...

http://tenkaramne.blogspot.com/.
MickeyTenkara

Postby vasco » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:02 pm

Friends: the truth is that I don`t like to take me pictures when I`m fishing, these two photos were taken specifically to break the myth among my friends that Tenkara technique is for small streams. This river is called Petrohue and it is a very big. Now I'm planning a trip back over ten hours on horseback into the depths of the Andes mountains where there are dozens of rivers that maybe nobody ever fished, I promise to take photos and send them and already are, all of you, cordially invited to fish this wonderland.
this is me, If you look well appreciate that I can not yet get rid of my Hardy western fly rod. I hope not to see more soon.
After many hours of horse riding, finally, the Los Peucos river.
vasco

Postby papalina » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:34 am

oMG,another heaven,very beautiful,thanks for sharing :)
papalina

Postby stephenthornhill » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:56 pm

Hey Vasco, still fishing in Chile? I'm planning a trip to Torres del Paine in February. Do you have any advice for fishing that area?
stephenthornhill

Postby stephenthornhill » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:59 pm

Hey Vasco, still fishing in Chile? I'm planning a trip to Torres del Paine in February. Do you have any advice for fishing that area?
stephenthornhill

Postby dpnoll » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:57 am

Steven, there is a very good guide in Puerto Natales who is familiar with Tenkara. Here is a link to his site and another link to some pictures when I fished with him in 2017.

http://www.patagonialine.com/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/d1948n/al ... 0003787234
dpnoll

Return to Your Tenkara Experience