Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Attempting state record

Trip reports, findings, events, and general experiences with tenkara fishing. Tell other tenkara enthusiasts about your tenkara experience

Attempting state record

Postby jbenenson » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:09 am

I am going to the famous San Juan tailwater and am going to try for the New Mexico IGFA (http://www.igfa.org) state record with my Tenkara rod. While I'm confident that a fish will qualify -- 20 inches is nothing there -- the requirements of both the San Juan and the IGFA are very precise, so making a rules mistake and disqualifying is easy. I'll let you know the results. Wouldn't it be cool 8-) if a Tenkara rod is listed in the record books?
--
I would like to have the modest contact with the nature in hope of continuing the beautiful streams forever

Yoshikazu Fujioka
jbenenson

Re: Attempting state record

Postby Wupperfischer » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:48 am

jbenenson wrote:Wouldn't it be cool 8-) if a Tenkara rod is listed in the record books?

"When fishing becomes a competition it gets worse than work ... " - Charles Ritz
Wupperfischer

Postby CM_Stewart » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:15 am

If a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work,
and if your work is fishing,
does that make a bad day better than a good day?

I need some simplicity!
CM_Stewart

Postby jbenenson » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:48 am

Fishing has never been work to me, ever. I have always done it for fun (with one exception: I caught Florida panfish specifically for a party we were having one weekend in the 80's). As far as competing goes I'm not a competitive person, but if I catch a large trout that qualifies for a record why not have it acknowledged? It wouldn't hurt to have a Tenkara rod as part of the event and to publicize it, would it?
--
I would like to have the modest contact with the nature in hope of continuing the beautiful streams forever

Yoshikazu Fujioka
jbenenson

Postby rsetina » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:30 pm

jbenenson wrote:Fishing has never been work to me, ever. I have always done it for fun (with one exception: I caught Florida panfish specifically for a party we were having one weekend in the 80's). As far as competing goes I'm not a competitive person, but if I catch a large trout that qualifies for a record why not have it acknowledged? It wouldn't hurt to have a Tenkara rod as part of the event and to publicize it, would it?

Good luck on your pursuit of the record. Hope you do well and to answer your question, No it wouldn't hurt a bit.
Rick

テンカラ。小さなストリームのシンプルさ。
My Tenkara Rods:
13' Ayu, 12' Yamame, 11' with a conversion handle, and an Ito.

My Wife's Tenkara Rods:
12' Ebisu and 13.5' Amago, 12' Iwana with a conversion handle, and an Ito.
rsetina

Return to Your Tenkara Experience