Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Environmental Organizations

Tenkara USA has pledged to donate at least 1% of its sales to support environmental conservation, particularly small-stream conservation. And, we'll give as much energy as we can in supporting the environment.
This is a forum to discuss where we can have the biggest impact and to discuss what is going on so that we can participate and help out.

Environmental Organizations

Postby TenkaraUSA » Fri May 01, 2009 12:38 pm

Tenkara USA is committed to donating 1% of all sales to environmental organizations, and we are looking for the best organizations to donate that money.

If you can think of one, please let us know.
TenkaraUSA

Re: Environmental Organizations

Postby jeffkreager » Fri May 01, 2009 6:39 pm

Trout Unlimited is the largest organization in the country committed to the future of trout fishing. They do not specialize in small waters but from a marketing stand point they have the largest membership.
jeffkreager

Postby mcpenttila » Sat May 09, 2009 4:10 pm

I have to follow Jeff on this one, Trout Unlimited would be a very worthy organization due to their grassroots efforts to promote coldwater fisheries conservation.

The only other organziation I would think of would be the Northeast Wilderness Trust. They are an organization that aquires private wilderness lands and convert them to public access. Most have small streams or brooks running through or bordering them.

That's it so far.

Matt Penttila
Fly Fishing New England and eventually the World.
mcpenttila

Postby pszy22 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:59 am

Not sure this falls under the category of environmental organization, but how about working with some organizations who deal with folks who are limited to the use of one arm? I'm thinking primarily with orgs who work with wounded military heroes.

I think Tenkara would allow some folks to get out and enjoy the environment, who would otherwise be limited by not being able to use conventional fishing equipment that would require the use of both arms.

In any case, I totally applaud your dedication and sense of community. Keep up the good work.
pszy22

Postby trvsmcdowell » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:45 pm

pzy22,

I don't know if it is official but I spoke to Craig Matthews at Blue Ribbon Flies in W. Yellowstone two weeks ago and he said the Tenkara rods would be used by the Wounded Warrior project in the spring. He really believes in it and thought it was perfect.

T
trvsmcdowell

Postby trvsmcdowell » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:49 pm

I have been on the Board of Directors of Wild South for 4 years. We do great work protecting the streams and forest of the southern appalachian forest. www.wildsouth.org. I will be happy to discuss...

Travis
trvsmcdowell

Postby troutrageous1 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:13 pm

May I suggest Clean Water Action?
http://www.cleanwateraction.org/
Mike Agneta
troutrageous.com
Tenkara Florida Facebook Group
Ayu II | Ebisu | Iwana 11' | Rhodo | Sato
troutrageous1

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:51 pm

thanks for the suggestions. Please keep them coming. Soon we'll be sitting down to review.

I can tell you this will be a very rewarding and fun part of running a company and giving some back. I'm excited and looking forward to contributing to our cause.
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Postby michaelacard » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:33 pm

Native Fish Society

http://www.nativefishsociety.org/about/

Very impressive grass roots organization.
michaelacard

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:53 pm

Michael, thanks for bringing this one up. I wasn't familiar with it, but I like their mission.
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Next

Return to Environmental Conservation