It is finally here! The much anticipated USA version of the DVD Discovering Tenkara, volume 1 has finally arrived at our warehouse and is ready to order.
Filmed on picturesque British upland streams and presented by the UK’s first certified Tenkara Guides – Paul Gaskell and John Pearson – this volume demonstrates key elements of the method that is “Japanese tenkara” – its history, philosophy, equipment and flies. Join the Discover Tenkara Team together with Japan’s foremost tenkara expert – Dr Hisao Ishigaki – for a look at the fundamental elements of this beautiful and effective fly fishing tradition.
- Tenkara with traditional dry fly
- Fishing with Japanese wet flies
- Dr Ishigaki explains short drifts
- Note on fish location & tenkara
- Tenkara casting
- Dr Ishigaki on casting into the wind
- Advantages of long lines
- Hand-lining skills
- Dr Ishigaki on playing larger fish
- Kebari – Japanese tenkara flies
- Dr Ishigaki’s choice of kebari
- Dr Ishigaki ties his kebari